Monday, May 18, 2009

It Wasn't Me...

But I still won't use q-tips anymore.

I am a picker, I admit it. If I see cradle cap I pick at it. If I see a piece of wax in my son's ear I try to get it. I know weird, but I think that is typical of most Moms.

Anyway, yesterday I saw a piece of wax in Sam's ear with his tube in it. I had to get it!! I tried gently to get it making sure not to go to far in his ear with the q-tip. Well after a couple of tries he started screaming, so I left the wax and tube be. I kind of thought he was being over dramatic.

Well, last night wasn't a good night. Between Sam and Cooper I got about an hour sleep. Sam just screamed and screamed all night and said his ear hurt. This morning he said he felt better and then I look and liquid was coming out of his ear! I was POSITIVE I did it. I burst my son's ear drum.

We were at the doctor this morning and she looked in his ear and it was full of puss and the other ear was infected. She assured me that yes his ear drum burst, but that it wasn't from me using the q-tip it was from the infection that had been brewing. She said the screams were because it truly hurt. Poor guy, hope we aren't on our way to tubes again.

As for Cooper, he is still not sleeping. She said his mouth is just full of soars :o(. She had to prescribe him something to sleep and gave me some other home remedy ideas. Hope he gets better soon!!!!! I hate seeing him in so much pain.

Two sick kids, no fun.

No comments: