Thursday, September 07, 2006

Don't Worry Mom The Next One Will Look Like You....

That is what our pediatrician said as we were leaving yesterday. What is he saying? Samuel doesn’t look like me?? Things that make me wonder. He also said that Samuel will be 2 or 3 inches taller than Dave. Do I see a basketball scholarship in the future? Maybe we only have to put half of the money we are putting in the college fund. Oh wait, we will have to pay out of state tuition because Dave insists that Samuel will go to the University of Nebraska. I was thinking Yale or Harvard. Yes, he is that smart. I can tell already.

Oh and he also thinks we have solved the problem. I don’t want to get my hopes up yet, but based on the doctor’s diagnosis and my Internet research I am pretty confident this time. Samuel simply has infant reflux. Which is common in preemies and they grow out of it. Samuel takes medicine (like a champ) twice a day and the symptoms should calm down in 24 hours. Hallelujah! Wait, I am not getting my hopes up. But really I am. I am aslo hoping we go back on soy formula, but I will be satisfied with the medicine working and the other formula.

I would post a picture but Samuel has been working on his beauty sleep for his 2 month photo shoot this weekend so he is pretty much sleeping . Yes, you read that right 2 months old! I can’t believe it myself.

We are also dealing with our first stuffy nose. Can you over do it with nasal aspiration???

No comments: