Thursday, May 29, 2008

Rookie Mistake

I took Samuel to get his haircut after school and since he did such a good job I decided it was treat time. I don't know why I thought it was a good idea to take Samuel to the bookstore with Cooper in tote...BY MYSELF! Samuel was in book heaven and taking them all off the shelves. He opened a box of flash cards, and between us I didn't buy them I left them on the floor. I know, horrible. We left with five books instead of the one we were suppose to get. Samuel also picked out a book for his friend Caleb's birthday and wouldn't you know it that is the ONLY book he remembers. So now we are going to have to go shopping again for Caleb. I then decided to stop at McDonald's on our way home for dinner. I ordered him nuggets and apples and myself a cheeseburger and fries. Well, he wanted nothing to do with the apples and had a major fit for my cheeseburger and fries. Which isn't so bad I guess, I should have ate the lean cuisine instead.

We are home now and he is quietly playing with Caleb's present. Sorry Caleb!! How long until bedtime?

Needless to say work was the less chaotic part of my day. I am only working half days this week and it is going pretty good. I feel like I made the right choice to go back...so far.

No comments: