Friday, April 11, 2008

A Picture Is Worth 1000 Words






TGIF!!! I am going to summarize my week...but to be honest I think I have already blocked most of it out.

What a week! Adjusting to going from Mommy of one to Mommy of two is a bit more of a challenge than I expected. Sure I didn't think it would be a walk in the park but there is something to be said about Mommy amnesia. I think I completely forgot about the newborn stage with Samuel.

Sunday night we were at Urgent Care with Samuel. Turns out he had pneumonia. So on Monday he needed to stay home with me. Monday was also Dave's first day back at work. WHOA! The pictures I posted illustrate how that went. Samuel pretty much got away with whatever he wanted. The thing with Samuel, and this has always been true, no matter how sick he is he doesn't act it. But the visit with his Pediatrician on Monday brought us to Tuesday. Day two home with Samuel and Cooper. Which was pretty much the same as Monday. Dave got home from work and probably though I lost it. I just cried and cried...thank you baby blues!

I seriously thought I was going to loose it. Cooper has his days and nights mixed up so that means no sleep for Mommy and Daddy.

Wednesday my Mom arrived thank goodness! Yesterday I took Samuel and Cooper to get their pictures done. I had visions of Samuel sweetly kissing his brother, gazing in his eyes, and maybe even holding his hands. NOT. Samuel had a break down (which was later justified by a dirty diaper I didn't know about) and Cooper slept through all his pictures .

The week was just poop. Literally. While being sleep deprived and having a sick boy. I obsessed about poop too! Cooper wouldn't poop and Samuel couldn't stop pooping (thank you antibiotics).

But today is Friday, Cooper slept last night and I think it will be a better day! I still LOVE my sweet boys and wouldn't trade this life for anything. But I was definitely challenged by motherhood this week. I am sure this is just the beginning.

I would like to dedicate this post to all the stay at home moms out there! I have a new respect for you and your job!

2 comments:

The Burdick family said...

Hey there Mama, I can relate. Believe me, just when you think you cannot handle just one more thing..........it WILL get better. But arm yourself, it might be a couple of weeks of adjustment, so just hold on and enjoy the ride. And don't worry about breaking down, it's normal and I still do it at least once a week :) I have tons of empathy for you and I know your doing a great job and just remember it might seem like forever, but its only been a week or two and just embrace the choas.
Love ya,
Rhonda

tori said...

oh christy! i have been there right where you are many times. imagine adding a 3rd child to the mix... ha ha... just kidding. i know you will get the hang of it, just give it time. i have those days too and it will get better. if you ever need to talk you know where to find me... just walk next door...
and yes we got a mini van... we had to get rid of our gas guzzler. you guy need one too for the kids. i need to come see cooper sometime soon, just let me know when is a good time to come over. talk to you soon,
tori