Saturday, June 07, 2008

Me

Last night Dave was nice enough to let me have a night out with the girls. We did dinner and a movie. Actually we did 1/2 price appetizers and drinks, but that is the poor girls dinner. There were 5 of us and we had cheese fries, 2 orders of nachos, fried mushrooms, hot wings and 3 pitchers of beer. Hmmmm....that sounds like it should have been 5 guys. After we rolled out of the restaurant we went to see Sex In The City. We laughed, we cried and we all related to at least one story line in the movie. We also had heartburn.

Why with all that fun why was I so ready to come home and be with my boys??!!?? I remember when it didn't feel like a weekend unless I went out or had people over. Now I am lucky if that happens every six months. And I wouldn't want it to be any different. I guess I grew up. I guess I finally got to be what I wanted to be when I grew up. A Wife and a Mommy.

So here I am old, boring and in love. :o)

2 comments:

Jen said...

Hey Christy! Thanks for coming over and checking out my blog! I clicked over to yours and I can tell I'm gonna like you...just from that first post...you sound like someone I could totally be buds with. My 2 kiddos and my hubby are definitly my life ---and I wouldn't have it any other way. Of course, a girls night out is DEFINILTY in order every now and then...but for the most part, I'm happy just chillin with my little crew.
I've gotta run for now, but I'll be back to read more later!
Hope you're having a good weekend!

Jen said...

ps. How'd you find my blog?