Monday, June 16, 2008

This Is Why I Do Bedtime

In an effort to make bedtime easier on Samuel we created a bedtime routine. We read a book (sometimes two), sing the Itsy Bitsy Spider (sometimes three times), say our prayers (just once) and then sing the Itsy Bitsy Spider again. I do this with him as he is a Mommy's Boy. But in a few weeks I have to go out of town for work so Daddy needs some practice. Based on tonight...Daddy needs a lot of practice.

Here are the lyrics to the Itsy Bitsy Spider by Daddy:

The Itsy Bitsy Spider climbed up the side of the house
Down came the rain and
the spider drown.
The sun came out and the grass grew.

No joke. His response was "why in the heck would I know the words?". My response "Why the heck wouldn't you?"


Happy Birthday Dave! You know I did post this out of love.

1 comment:

Jen said...

That's got me giggling out loud at my desk! ha ha ha....
Funny how us girls can remember the words to all those nursery rhymes but the guys can't. Yet they can somehow remember every word to Baby Got Back or Funky Comedena. hmmmm....
ha ha